Paicines Ranch, CA ~ AGA Member
- 3 lbs Grassfed Beef, Chuck Roast, remove connective tissue and thin white skin, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 globes garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper – diced
- 6 tbs New Mexico Chili Power
- 5 tbs flour
- 1 tsp freshly ground cumin seeds (toasted)
- 1 tbs Dried Mexican Oregano
- 2– 3 cans Beef Broth (19.5 oz cans)
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
Brown beef in oil, add onion, red bell pepper and cook two minutes
Add garlic and cook 1 minute,
Add chili power, flour, oregano and cumin, cook until meat is well coated.
Slowly add two cans of broth, stir well.
Add pinto and kidney beans, cook partially covered for approx 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You may use all or part of the last can of beef broth depending on how thick you want the chili.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.