Sloans Creek Farm ~ TX. ~ AGA Member
- 1 large iron skillet
- 1 lb grassfed hamburger
- 1 medium organic, or homegrown sweet onion
- 1 organic or homegrown red, green, or yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can organic, of home-canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 can hominy, yellow adds more color than white ( rinse the hominy well)
- Flour to thicken
- 1 to 11/2 cups organic raw milk mild or medium cheddar cheese
- (Organic spices are preferred.)
In iron skillet, combine grassfed hamburger, onion, bell pepper, and all spices.
Next, brown hamburger. After browning hamburger, add stewed tomatoes and hominy then
cook for about 10 minutes until thoroughly hot throughout.
Stir in enough flour to thicken mixture and cook another 2 minutes.
Take mixture in iron skillet, cover with foil, and place in oven, preheated to 350 degrees.
Bake 20 minutes, uncover, add cheese to top of dish, and finish baking for about another 10 minutes.
Enjoy, a great Tex-Mex dish with your family.