Sloans Creek Farm, TX
- 1-partially baked deep-dish 9” pie shell
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 2 tablespoons of organic shredded Parmesan Cheese (grassfed preferred)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 small red onion, chopped or 2 tablespoons of dried onion flakes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup of organic milk
- 6 large brown pastured-eggs, beaten
- 1 lb of pastured-pork sausage, thawed
- 1 cup of organic Cheddar Cheese, grated (grassfed preferred)
- 1 cup of organic Monterrey Jack cheese, grated (grassfed preferred)
- Note: When available use locally produced or homegrown organic ingredients. Support your local, sustainable agricultural producers.
Crumble and brown sausage, onions, and bell pepper in a skillet, while the pie shell is par-baking (About 10 minutes) in the oven.
While number 1 is taking place, stir together all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl with a large spoon.
Add milk to mixture above and mix. Then add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
Once pie shell has par-baked for about 10 minutes, remove from oven. When sausage mixture is browned drain the grease, and then line the bottom of the pie shell with browned sausage mixture. Next cover the sausage mixture with cheeses. Finally, stir and very carefully pour the milk-egg mixture over the sausage mixture and cheese.
Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Ovens vary, so check quiche at about 30 minutes. Quiche should be golden brown on top and puffy.
Let quiche stand and cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Or, cool completely, wrap and refrigerate for up to 10 days. This quiche re-heats very well in the microwave.
When done, serve with toast or biscuits, jelly, and/or hashbrowns.