AGA Executive Director & Certified Chef Carrie Balkcom
- 3/4 cup white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (5- to 7-pound) leg of grassfed goat
- 3 large potatoes, quartered
- 3 onions, quartered
- 3 large chiles or peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic clovers, skin removed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine vinegar, oil and seasonings and pour over goat meat in a glass baking dish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 12 to 24 hours, turning often.
Remove goat, strain marinade and reserve. Place potatoes, onion, chile’s and garlic in shallow roasting pan and pour 1/4 cup marinade over vegetables. Place goat on roasting rack over vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup marinade over goat. Roast for approximately 20 minutes per pound.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.