Penny Shaw – Flying S Ranch – www.Flying-S.com
- 1 lb Sirloin (can use round steak too, just expect to simmer longer)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
1. Trim fat from steak.
2. Heat oil in saucepan and brown steak on both sides using a medium heat setting.
3. Place onion slices on top of meat.
4. Sprinkle sugar and Worcestershire sauce over onion and meat.
5. Simmer for 2 mins on medium heat with lid on.
6. Add 1 cup water and once boiling, reduce heat to low.
7. Simmer for approx 1 hour (if using round steak simmer for 2 hrs with 2 cups of
water). Be sure there is always liquid to keep things from burning. Add more water if necessary.