AGA’s members are spread out across the country, manage tens to tens of thousands of acres, and structure their businesses many different ways. So you’ve been affected differently by the spread of coronavirus and state and federal responses to it.
Because no single solution fits all of you, we are gathering whatever resources we find here. This post will be updated.
- USDA will accept applications for its Coronavirus Food Assistance Program. (List of resources continues below image.)
- This is an exhaustive USDA FAQ.
- Coronavirus-specific guidance from Farmers.gov.
- Apply for an SBA-backed Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- Not sure what exactly the CARES Act means for small businesses? This will tell you what you need to know in less than 10 full pages of reading. Go here to learn more.
- On March 9, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service announced the availability of $27 million in grant money for direct-to-consumer projects from two sub-programs: Farmers Market and Local Food Promotion Program and Local Food Promotion Program. If you have a go-to-market plan that will help you survive and thrive, apply now. The deadline for both categories has been extended to May 26. Learn more here.
- The premise behind The Good Meat Project is simple – ask for what you need, offer what you have. A great resource populated by like-minded producers. Go here to learn more.
- American Farmland Trust is offering $1,000 grants to qualifying farms and ranches. Go here to learn more.
- Food Animal Concerns Trust is offering $500 grants to eligible farms and ranches. Go here to learn more.
- Farmer’s Legal Action Group has posted its own resource guide.
- Salesforce is offering grants to businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
- Facebook is facilitating online gift card sales. If you sell direct, go here to learn more.
- Facebook is offering grants to small businesses located in or near the following areas:
Polk County, IA
Washington, D.C. metro area
Loudon & Henrico County, VA
Fulton & Newton Counties, GA
Suffolk County, MA
Cook County, IL
Dallas, Tarrant & Travis & Counties, TX
Wayne County, MI
Utah County, UT
Rutherford County, NC
Madison County, AL
Valencia County, NM
Miami-Dade County, FL
Franklin County, OH
Los Angeles metro area
New York City metro area
Sarpy County, NE
Allegheny County, PA
Crook County, OR
San Francisco Bay Area