Our members share ideals but run their farms and ranches very differently. We are in conversation with you all constantly and what we heard, over and over again, is that there was a opportunity to expand our membership options to help grow the American grassfed movement.
We heard from certified members who wanted to finish stockers but couldn’t find any.
We heard from pasture finishers who wanted get certified but couldn’t find stockers that met the standard.
So we’re excited to announce our new Stocker membership. It offers the same benefits as the Producer membership at the same price and Stocker members can pursue certification the same as Producer members.
Eligible Calves Must Meet the Following Criteria:
– Born and raised in the USA.
– Given maximum access to pasture and not raised in a CAFO.
– Only fed stored forages without grain or AGA forage products and Supplemental feedstuffs while on pasture.
– Not fed grain, grain by-products, feather meal or animal by-products.
– Not fed or treated with antibiotics or growth promoters.
– Not given or treated with organophosphates, beta agonists or ionophores or products containing any of these substances.
– Production methods and management promote animal health, safety and welfare of calves.
Stocker Producers will pay a per head fee for each animal sold under the AGA Stocker Producer Program. AGA will reserve the right to do an on farm inspection. If it is determined that false or misleading information was supplied in the Stocker producer checklist the Buyer’s AGA Grassfed Certification may be suspended or revoked.
Are you interested in growing your business by working with AGA-certified farms and ranches?